It is not too late to change Britain’s future. The Conservatives want absolute power, Labour are too weak to stand up to them, so we will. The Liberal Democrats will be the strong opposition Britain needs.
The Liberal Democrats will rescue the NHS and social care. We are prepared to be honest with people and say that we will all need to chip in a little more.
This our five-step plan for the NHS & Social Care:
- Introduce a 1% raise in income tax, generating £6bn a year
- Ring-fence ALL of this for the NHS and care, investing efficiently and effectively in social care, primary care, mental health and public health
- Introduce a dedicated Health and Care Tax, showing on people’s payslips exactly what we spend it on these vital services.
- Establish a cross-party health and care convention, consulting and working with patients, the public, NHS staff and care workers, to ensure our systems are sustainable and integrated and put on a sustainable financial footing in the long term.
- Introduce an Independent Office of Health and Care Funding to monitor health and care budgets, which would report every three years on how much money the system needs to flourish.
If you want to save our public services and change the future of Newbury, vote for Judith Bunting on June 8th.
Find out more: